Label: Challenge Records
Catalog number: CR 73319
An effortless merge of two generations, Kim and The Houdini’s. This really is a timeless combination. The Houdini’s have been around for almost a quarter of a century now. 25 years ago Kim wasn't even born yet! But, what is 25 years in music if you have Kim's talent and capacity of experience? Kim has really become one of the guys here and she and the sextet form a unity in rendering the timeless and beautiful repertoire of Peggy Lee.
- Kim and The Houdini's have a real chemistry between them and have done concerts in a Peggy Lee- tribute project since 2010
- Kim Hoorweg was discoverd at the age of fourteen and has already made two records before this Challenge debut "Why Don't You Do Right"
- The Houdini's are icons of the Dutch jazz scene and already around for 25 years now
- This Peggy Lee album has a lot of potential for a broad audience
- Timeless songs
- Kim's voice has become even stronger and more grown-up since her last album
The professional collaboration of The Houdini’s and Kim started a year ago with the theater show Fever – a Tribute to Peggy Lee. Instead of trying to redo Peggy Lee’s legendary performances, we had her versatile repertoire merely serving as a pool in which to find proper common ground for both parties’ musical satisfaction. Erwin had the arrangements done in no time and we had a ball playing the theaters and festivals. Time flew and here we are presenting the recorded outcome of an effortless merge of two generations. Kim and The Houdini’s, a timeless combination. We had a great time recording this album and we all sincerely hope you will have a great time listening to it. (part of the linernotes written by Angelo Verploegen)