Label: Challenge Records
Catalog number: CR 73325
On En Casa De Luis, Conte welcomes such talented players as guitarist Barry Coates, trumpeter Walt Fowler, bassist Jimmy Johnson, percussionist and singer Daniel Willy, and (on "Dance Of The Firefly") pianist Larry Goldings.
- Multi-Grammy Award Winning musician
- Luis is one of the most respected and recorded percussionists in the world
- He will be a featured musician on the 2011 James Taylor US Tour
- En Casa de Luis to be submitted for airplay consideration to over 400 Jazz radio stations as well as online radio including, Last.fm, Rhapsody Radio and XM/Sirius satellite radio.
- Percussionist of the Year in the Modern Drummer Reader's Poll (2009, 2010)
- Percussionist of the Year & Studio Percussionist of the Year in Drum Magazine (2007, 2008, 2009)
- A very aggressive viral Internet marketing campaign scheduled to be launched with the emphasis on both the Jazz and Latin communities.
On En Casa De Luis, Conte welcomes such talented players as guitarist Barry Coates, trumpeter Walt Fowler, bassist Jimmy Johnson, percussionist and singer Daniel Willy, and (on "Dance Of The Firefly") pianist Larry Goldings. Each of the musicians adds color and their own personality to the music, under the guidance of the leader. Luis Conte is heard on congas, timbales, shakes, guiro, cajon, claves, bongos, cowbells, finger cymbals, maracas and all types of percussion instruments. On "Conga Melody" he also plays bass, accordion, and keyboards. In addition, Conte is the composer of six of the 11 selections and he takes three personable and spirited vocals.