Label: Challenge Records
Catalog number: CR 73326
One of the most influential drummers of all time, Steve Gadd. This album "Live at Voce" is the debut CD from a band that has been touring since 2007. Even though Gadd is a master of all genres, it's easy to tell that this is the type of music he most enjoys playing.
- Live at Voce is the first album released under his own name in over a decade
- Steve Gadd is one of the most influential drummers of all time
- Currently on tour with Eric Clapton
- Album features legendary Jazz musicians Ronnie Cuber, Paul Bollenback and Joey DeFrancesco
- Includes two unreleased, intimate studio tracks with Edie Brickell.
- Steve played drums on some of the biggest selling albums of all time including Steely Dan’s “Aja”, Paul Simon’s “Still Crazy After All These Years” and Eric Clapton’s “Back Home.”
- Album will be featured in all major drum publications September until November in addition to receiving extensive press in numerous Jazz publications
- Very aggressive viral Internet marketing campaign to be launched with an emphasis on Jazz and drum related communities
Live at Voce is the debut CD from a band that has been touring since 2007. Even though Gadd is a master of all genres, it's easy to tell that this is the type of music he most enjoys playing. The music seems to effortlessly breathe with its deep grooves and emotional expression. Live at Voce was recorded in an intimate setting in Scottsdale, Arizona, at Voce's Lounge. If you listen with headphones on, it's as if the band is playing right in front of you.